Monday, October 28, 2013

School Girl

Reagan started pre-school today.  She loved it.  Mommy is not sure how often she should go, but we know this much for sure so far...she responds well to the program!
 So far I am reasonably impressed with the classroom.  The ratio of kids to aids is 1 1/2 to 1 so there is lots of one on one learning and it is all very focused on the skills Reagan should be working on.  I peeked through the window for a while and liked what I saw.  While I would still ideally prefer what we had before with therapy at home, I have to admit that I like her teacher who told me today that she did the in-home teaching/therapy for many years...no wonder she knows how to structure her classroom well.  So Reagan went, she charmed the socks off of her teachers, she didn't want to leave and I didn't hate it.  This is a good start. :)  She gets speech two times a week and there is adaptive PE (basically physical therapy) two times as well.  So we will see how much she benefits and in what way and feel our way through just how much she will go to school.

No comments: